Living in a COVID World
Middle School, High School & College Students,
Robbie’s Hope is excited to announce our 3rd Hall of Personal Expression (H.O.P.E) contest. We are committed to enable our youth to express themselves in the forms that best fit their passions and personalities. Through the H.O.P.E. our goal is to continue to destigmatize depression and anxiety in youth through a variety of mediums of expression.
Prizes will be awarded in multiple categories and works will be featured on the Robbie’s Hope website and other media outlets.
Age: at least 13 years old, enrolled in grades 7 through senior year of College, and residing in the United States at the time of submission.
Categories: Photography, Film, Music, Digital Art, Fine Art (painting, drawing, ceramics & sculpture), Poetry
To enter, email your photo, video, poem, digital file, or a photo of your painting or sculpture to email@example.com For each submission, write a short description (100 words or less) of how it reflects what Living in a COVID World means to you.
Entries must include the following information:
- Full Name, Home City & State, Email Address, Contact Phone Number, and your grade level as well as the short description of work.
Entries cannot be subject to copyright. As an example, a video using music must either have a copyright release for the music or use non-copyrighted music.
Entries must be received by May 31, 2020 at midnight.
Our panel of judges will evaluate each entry according to the following criteria:
- Creativity (40%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of Theme – Living in a COVID World
The judges will select a winner & honorable mention for each category, each of whom will be asked to submit a release form that allows their images to be used by Robbie’s Hope. A Grand Prize winner will also be selected.
Grand Prize: $1,000
Category Winner: $500
Category Honorable Mention: $200
Official Contest Rules
Sponsor is Robbie’s Hope Foundation, 13440 Youngfield St. #267, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 (“Sponsor”).
The 2020 Spring Robbie’s Hope Hall of Personal Expression contest (“Contest”) begins May 1, 2020 at 12:01am US Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends May 31, 2020 at 11:59pm MST (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by May 31, 2020 at 11:59pm MST. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules (“Official Rules”). By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
WHO MAY ENTER
Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States ages 13 or older who are in 7th grade through senior year in College at the time of entry. Minors must get parental permission to enter. If selected as a finalist, you will be required to provide your parent or legal guardian’s written consent to your participation, and if you fail to provide such written consent within three business days of the request, you may be disqualified. Officers, directors, and employees of Robbie’s Hope Foundation (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Promotion Entities”) and each of their immediate family members and/or those residing in the same household of each are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion or sweepstakes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
HOW TO ENTER
Eligible Categories (“Categories”) include:
- Photography: Submissions must be in digital format. Only emailed entries will be eligible. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files must be at least 1 MB and less than 20 megabytes, must be in .jpeg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Film: A short film or animated short film.
- Music: Original work with lyrics and optionally, instrumental accompaniment.
- Digital Art: High resolution file .jpeg, .png, or .tiff at least 1 MB in size
- Fine Art: Original painting, drawing, ceramic piece, or sculpture in any medium. Paintings and drawings need to be a minimum of 11″ x 17″ in size.
- Poem: Any form.
Each entry consists of an entry form, a single representation of work, and a written description (collectively, the “Submission”). To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Website”), complete the entry form with the required information, along with the photograph, video, song, poem, or a photograph of your fine art submission (the “Work”), a written description (100 words or less) of it reflects Finding Hope to you (the “Written Description”). Your entry must also comply with the following requirements (the “Submission Requirements”):
- Only emailed entries will be eligible.
- Submissions must have been created within two (2) years before the date of entry and may not previously have won an award in any Robbie’s Hope Foundation contest.
- The Submission, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant.
- The Submission must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Watermarks are unacceptable. Unless Sponsor receives a non-watermarked version of the Submission within four (4) days following its request, the Submission will be disqualified.
- Each Submission must be the submitting entrant’s own produced work and may not feature or focus on any material owned or controlled by third parties (unless the entrant can provide written documentation of permission to use any materials owned by a third party as set forth below or in a form and substance determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).The entrant must provide upon request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases (including but not limited to releases from all persons appearing in the Submission, location releases, and releases from all creative consultants or others who assisted in the creation of the Submission) for the Submission in a form and substance determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (in the event an entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Submission, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor’s benefit, or allow the applicable Submission to remain in Contest)
- Each entrant may submit up to five individual submission across all Categories.
Any Submission that, in Sponsor’s good faith judgment, violates the Submission Requirements will be disqualified.
Any entrant who incorporates any intellectual property or material owned by a third party into his or her Submission does so at his or her own risk. If Sponsor is duly notified that any element of an entrant’s Submission infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request to remove the affected Submission from the Website because of such infringement, such Submission may be removed from the Website and/or disqualified from the Contest, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. Further, no entrant will be eligible to receive a prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that such entrant’s Submission has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes.
JUDGING CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS
A panel of judges selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (at least one of whom will be independent of Sponsor) (“Judges”) will select a winner, alternate and honorable mention from eligible Submissions for each category based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (1) Creativity 40%; (2) Composition 30% and (3) Execution of theme (Holding On) through both the Work and Written Description 30%. All Finalists will be contacted by e-mail and asked to submit a release form signed by a parent or legal guardian agreeing to the terms described herein. If Sponsor does not receive the signed parental release within three business days of Sponsor’s email request, the Finalist may be disqualified. Decisions of the Judges are final and binding and not subject to appeal. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential prize winner does not respond within five (5) days of the first notification attempt, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may forfeit the applicable prize and an alternate prize winner may be selected. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the applicable prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize is available and the winner will receive $1,000.
Category Winner: One (1) Category Winner for Photography, Film, Music, Fine Arts, and Poetry is available. Each Category Winner will receive $500.
Category Honorable Mention: One (1) Category Honorable Mention for Photography, Film, Music, Fine Arts, and Poetry is available. Each Category Honorable Mention will receive $200.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any entrant in or winner of the Contest, each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) irrevocably grants the Promotion Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant’s and the Nominee’s name, likeness, biographical information and Submission, and any individual(s) participating therein, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website, the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Promotion Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
GRANT OF RIGHTS: For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, each entrant into the Contest (and his or her parent or legal guardian, if the entrant is a minor) hereby irrevocably grants Sponsor, its successors and assigns, a non-exclusive license (but not the obligation) to reproduce, stream, exploit and otherwise use the Submission throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for any reason whatsoever in any and all media, throughout the universe in perpetuity, without further notice to, consent by, or payment to entrant. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Sponsor shall have the right to freely assign its rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any person or entity. Sponsor shall retain the rights granted in each Submission even if the Submission is disqualified or fails to meet the Submission Requirements.
FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: If Sponsor shall desire to secure additional assignments, certificates of engagement for the Submission or other documents as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to effectuate the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then each entrant agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request therefor.
GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of any legally-required winners list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Robbie’s Hope Foundation, 3440 Youngfield St. #267, Wheat Ridge, CO. 80033. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Promotion Period.
© 2020 Robbie’s Hope Foundation. All Rights Reserved.